Programming II (CS102) Fall 2014
- The Project is due inchaAllah on April 23, 2015.
- The Major Exam 02 will be inchaAllah on May 04, 2015 at 8:00 am.
- The Major Exam 01 will be inchaAllah on March 16, 2015 at 8:00 am.
- Video lectures of CS102 are now available on Vimeo. Link: https://vimeo.com/album/2585541
This course is an introduction to Object Oriented programming, techniques, practices and applications. It extends what was learned in CS101 (Programming I) by enabling students to use classes, objects, encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism. Furthermore, the students will learn advanced data structures such as array lists and linked lists, sets and maps.
- Student Information Sheet
- Moodle: https://lms.psu.edu.sa/
- You can enroll to the course on your iOS device (iPad) through iTunesU. You just need to enter this link in your iOS device enroll to the course. Enrolment will be effective only after validation by the instructor. iTunes link: https://itunesu.itunes.apple.com/enroll/JA3-74H-PRB
- Each student should join the course mailing list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ccis-cs102-spring2015
In what follows, you can find information about the reference textbook that will be used in this course. The textbook will be useful for students to enhance their knowledge about programmimg concepts. It will also help to practice with some exercises from the textbook and the lab manual. It is mandatory that each student gets its own hard/soft copy.
We alert the students that it is ESSENTIAL to read each chapter of the topics covered in lectures. Lectures will only provide some insights and it will be mandatory to read the details from the textbook to consolidate the understanding.
Official Texbook (Fall 2014) “Java How to Program”, 9th Edition by Deitel and Deitel, Publisher: Prentice Hall; 9 edition (March 7, 2011) ISBN-10: 0132575663 ISBN-13: 978-0132575669 Paperback: 1536 pages